Gnomified: Options, Paragraph, Font Dialogs

Subject: Gnomified: Options, Paragraph, Font Dialogs
From: John Tunison (nosinut@WIND.REM.CMU.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 18:13:12 CDT

Hi Joaquin,

Just wanted to let you know that I have gnomified all of the remaining
dialogs I could find. I'll hold up on sending patches until we get the
diffs straightened out. :)

One question: is there a nice way to make runModal reside mostly in
_UnixDialog_*? The only reason it needs to reappear in _UnixGnomeDialog_*
is that the line 'GtkWidget * cf = constructWindow();' needs to point to
the correct version of constructWindow. The niceness of having one
runModal function becomes very clear in places like
xap_UnixGnomeDlg_FontChooser.cpp.

One option -- in UnixDialog_*, make runModal look like:

void XAP_UnixGnomeDialog_FontChooser::runModal(XAP_Frame * pFrame)
{
        _runModal(pFrame, constructWindow);
}

void XAP_UnixGnomeDialog_FontChooser::_runModal(XAP_Frame * pFrame,
GtkWidget *(*fnptr)())
{
        ... old runModal goes here ...
}

That way we'll only have to overwrite the three line function in
UnixGnomeDialog_*. Are there other options? Hopefully cleaner? :)

--John

PS. Also, while I'm getting up to speed here, what do underscores signify
in function names for Abi? For instance, XAP_UnixDialog_FontChooser does
not use _create_window it uses create_window, while all the AP_UnixDialog
stuff I've seen uses _constructWindow.