Re: wv change request

Subject: Re: wv change request
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 00:52:36 CDT

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, John Tunison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I nearly fell of my chair earlier when I compiled a Gnome version of
> Abiword and clicked print and was greeted by the beautiful gnome-print
> dialog a la gnumeric!

Drool! That sounds great. I can't wait to try it.

> But, oddly enough, I have no idea how I got it to compile that first
> time. Because subsequent compiles have revealed this problem:
>
> <snip>
> Linking static
<snip>

As a VERY quick work around you could try setting UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC =
0 in your command like to make. This will turn turn off static builds
which seems to trigger the failure. Extrapolating from that, it could be
that your static libraries are not in sync with your dynamic libaries.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to gnome-print.

Cheers

Martin