Re: Some stupids "click click boum" bugs

Subject: Re: Some stupids "click click boum" bugs
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 14:53:15 CDT

Mike Roberto wrote:

> Hi, my name is Mike Roberto, and I've just joined this mailing list for
> kicks since I love AbiWord and wanted to see what's up. I'm currently
> learning perl and C++.
>
> I'd have to say that I agree with you, this program has SUCH great
> potential, and i still use it. I'm glad to see that you're working on all
> of the little things that bug me about it as well.
>
> Being a linux user that LOVES bleeding edge, one thing is that I want a
> newer release! Linux users don't like to wait over a month for a new
> release, even if the changes are insignificant. I know that lots of stuff
> has been done, I wish i could see some of it (i'll get the latest source
> sometime though).

Yeah, I think that you're completely right. Abiword is starting to gain
a reputation of "slow project". I think that the developement is not at
all "slow", but the "two months between releases" gives this impression.

I don't want the gnumeric style of "that's the 0.40 version" and the
next day "that's the 0.41 version: Improvements: It compile." either,
but having a more regular release could give us good publicity.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr