Re: Some stupids "click click boum" bugs

Subject: Re: Some stupids "click click boum" bugs
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 09:23:02 CDT

sam th wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, [iso-8859-1] Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:
>
> > If I
> > remember correctly, the 0.7.8 version have the Insert->"Date and
> > Time"->Boum bug (or I have a problem with my version of Abiword).
> >

> I think this is your version. For me, with the latest CVS, "date and
> time" works fine, and "field" says that it isn't implemented.

It's weird...

I will update all my cvs tree and see again...

> > * If the user try to open a directory (it's not so hard), Abiword crash
> > (this bug is specially visible in the gnome version, due to the
> > drag'n'drop).
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. However, I tried every way of
> opening a directory I could think of, and it didn't crash.

Ops, you're right. I was seeing this bug a few months ago, and I was
thinking that nobody has fixed it.
Now if I open a directory, it opens a new window instead of say
something like: "Hey, do you are mad?", but it doesn't crash.

> > * Turn off the auto spelling (I think that the 90% or so of not english
> > users of Abiword will turn off the spell checker). Now start to write,
> > for instance:
> >
> > Estex
> >
> > Now, just use the backspace (one time), and type " x". We must have:
> >
> > Este x
> >
> > But we will have the word Este with the red line (even if the spell
> > checker is off!), and a mix of a `x' with a `E' in the first position.
> > In short, when somebody turn out the spell checker and start to type, he
> > will see the bug (it's just a matter of time... he WILL use the
> > backspace).
>
> This is a serious problem. However, the dirt (the red and the x) aren't
> "really" there. If you zoom, and then zoom back, they both go away. If
> you minimize and then restore, the x goes away (but the red stays).

Yeah, I know. But anyway it's annoying.

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr