Re: How to use patch files

Subject: Re: How to use patch files
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 18:43:22 CDT

HI Bruce,
        Sorry I don't know how to use patch files within windows. Using a
unix command line you type:

patch -p0 < insert_symbol.patch8

from a directory contain the the "abi" tree.

I don't know if the cygwin environment provides patch and other tools but
I imagine it does.

Sorry also I have not sent a screen shot. There is one contained in the
patch. Unfortunately it is out of date since it was made with font size 10
whereas the patch8 has font size 14 and smaller "OK" and "cancel" buttons.

I recently tried to make au updated screen shot but my redhat 6.2beta has
a slightly broken gimp that wouldn't do a screen shot :-(

Anyway I'll send an older screen shot from a previous non-Joaquin version.
It is basically the same.

Cheers

Martin