RE: To 0.7.9 or to not 0.7.9 (was Re: PATCH (4): Insert Symbol again.)

Subject: RE: To 0.7.9 or to not 0.7.9 (was Re: PATCH (4): Insert Symbol again.)
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 06:54:17 CDT

At 08:16 AM 4/13/00 -0400, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Bruce Pearson wrote:
>
>> I may be able to do this for windows, but before I can decide how much work
>> is involved I need the following;
>>
>> 1) How do I apply a patch (eg. insert_symbol.patch8)
>> 2) Is a screen shot available of the Insert symbol dialog.
>
>Just to add my two cents in here. As a developer, I don't
>feel very comfortable with having to work off of independant
>patches from people. The way that I prefer to add in the
>functionality to the ports that I've worked on is to rely
>on what is in CVS for other platforms as a basis for the
>design of my dialog.

Woh! I am being way misunderstood here (or more likley I am not being
clear). My only concern was what to do if nobody wanted to work on a port
of this dialog. Bruce says he will take a crack at Insert Symbol for
Windows, and I already know you will plow through this for QNX. So we no
longer have any issue. Joaquin can check in Insert Symbol into CVS and on
we go.

Or, let me say it another way; once Bruce asks how to apply a patch, the
answer is for Joaqin or myself to do the checkin to make Bruce's and your
life easier. I will get to this sson unless somebody else beats me to it.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist