Re: Insert symbol dialog

Subject: Re: Insert symbol dialog
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:42:33 CDT

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Bruce Pearson wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I've done changes on the Insert symbol dialog. I've moved the files from
> the af\xap directory to the wp\ap directory as I think this is where they
> belong.

That was fast work! I'm really impressed.

I thought about where to put everything and I thought it was better to put
it xap because I think it would be useful to have "Insert Symbol" in both
a spreadsheet and a Presentation Program. I can easily think of situations
with both programs where you would want that functionality.

What do you think?

> On WIN98 I also changed the buttons from OK and CANCEL to INSERT and
> CLOSE. The insert button inserts the symbol to the current frame without
> closing. This is more inline with what will happen when we have modeless
> dialogs. It calls the AP_Dialog_Insert_Symbol::_onInsertButton() function.

I thought about this as a default too but decided to go with purely modal
style dialog to start with and expand this later. I don't have a problem
with this though - in fact I prefer it. I will be away from the list for a
couple of days. If Joaquin or someone else wants to change the unix build
to reflect this I would be very happy :-)

Cheers

Martin