Re: Coupla questions on Mac build

Subject: Re: Coupla questions on Mac build
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 07:47:17 CDT

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Bryan Prusha wrote:

> >> My second question involves this link error. I'm really not sure
> >> what the issue is here at all.
> >>
> >> Link Error : undefined
> >> 'AP_MacDialog_Insert_Symbol::static_constructor(XAP_DialogFactory*,int)'
> >> (descriptor)
> >> Referenced from 's_dlg_table' in ap_MacDialogFactory.cpp
> >>
> >> I would really like to be able to test the new Mac code that makes
> >> it actually run (OK, so it doesn't do anything yet, but at least it doesn't
> >> hit asserts anymore) before I commit it. =) Thanx in advance. I'd really
> >> like to get the Mac port to the point where more developers can work on
> >> individual projects.
> >
> >I'd have to do more digging to get the answer to this one, but I would
> >note that anything which involves the Insert Symbol feature is
> >probably very fresh, new code. :-) Does anyone know how the Mac
> >portions of the tree were handled when Insert Symbol was checked in?

I'll try to have a look at this tomorrow. I just and pasted code for the
Mac front end for "Insert Symbol" that I hoped would compile. I assumed
that Mac guru's would know how to fix it once it was in. On the other hand
it might be related to recent move of "insert Symbol" to ap from xap. I
hope this will be moved back soon as there are a couple of little issues
that I'd like to fix for the unix build. But there is no point until the
code is back in xap.

Cheers

Martin