Re: recent changes to blockLayout::findPointCoordinance

Subject: Re: recent changes to blockLayout::findPointCoordinance
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 06:44:05 CDT

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, sam th wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>

> > Could please the person who recently modified
> > blockLayout::findPointCoordinance adding the if(iWhere ==
> > FP_JUST_AFTER) at the very beginning explain to me why
> > the changes were needed? Thanks
> >
> > Tomas
> >

> - From CVS/Bonsai (a wonderful tool) for line 895 -
>
> 1.147 <bob> 09 Apr 2000 14:47
> Fix for bug #432, courtesy of Martin Sevior. Cursor size now matches the
> size of the character to be entered.

Yep. That was me. Actually I have been thinking of rewriting that code
some more. It still doesn't do what I want it to which is to always
immediately change the size and location of the cursor to match the size
and location of the text to be entered. For example put the cursor in the
middle of a text string then press the "superscript" button. Nothing
happens until text is entered. I think the only way to make sure it is
right is to recalculate the height and y location directly from the font
information. I keep running into problems working out ambiguities at run
boundaries.

This might make your job a bit easier to.

Cheers

Martin