Re: cursor size problem (fwd)

Subject: Re: cursor size problem (fwd)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 23:07:18 CDT

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> I have not got time to look at this at the moment, but two thoughts
> come to mind. (1) does pressing the superscript button insert a
> format-marker-run?

Yes it does.

(2) and if so, is the formating for that run set to
> the superscript values rather than to those of the preceding run?. I
> think this should be enough for the crusor to be correctly displayed.

Yes. The problem is that the routines that generate all that nice info are
only invoked after text is entered into the run. They are not called
immdiately the format marker is placed. The run starts out with zero
length and no pointer to the next run. In addition there is the boundary
abiguity problem. As a general rule size and location of text enetered at
a run boundary marker is the same as text to the left of the cursor.
However if we have a this situation of just a format marker from say a
superscript button then the size and location is different from the text
to the left.

I thought it would be better to have a routine to calculate the size and
location of the cursor for these special cases rather than a mess of
spagetti code (which is what we have now).

The code the doing the calculation is already avaialble in abi, we just
have to gather it together and package it into a nice routine.

Cheers

Martin