Are you working with the StarOffice/OpenOffice ppl on file format?

Subject: Are you working with the StarOffice/OpenOffice ppl on file format?
From: Jeff Schmidt (jschmid@uakron.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 09:58:21 CDT

Hello,
   I was looking at the Abiword website, and noticed you are using XML
for you file format. I think this is excellent, as I really believe the
future of wordprocessor/spreadsheet/etc file formats should be xml based
for portability and compatability. I was also looking at the openoffice
website the other day, and see that one of their goals is to create a
standardized XML DTD for wordprocessor files (as well as other file
formats). Will you be working with them to develop this standard and
implement it in Abiword?

Jeff Schmidt

--
"Message sent by jschmid@uakron.edu"