Re: FindReplace

Subject: Re: FindReplace
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 20:53:31 CDT

At 1:16 AM +0100 8/4/00, Allan Shark Clark wrote:
>Lastly once I have done that I was thinking of having a crack at
>implementing searching for regular expressions,

        If you are going to do this, keep in mind that the text being
searched in Unicode and that introduces a WHOLE LOT of issues when
trying to apply RegEx concept to it. In fact, the Unicode Consortium
has an entire white paper on the problems with implementing RegEx
over a Unicode stream - and doing it correctly. Check out
<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr18/index.html> for all the
gory details.

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65