Re: Are you working with the StarOffice/OpenOffice ppl on fileformat?

Subject: Re: Are you working with the StarOffice/OpenOffice ppl on fileformat?
From: Jeff Schmidt (jschmid@uakron.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 09:09:58 CDT

Hello,
    Well, I was just perusing the openoffice "discuss" mailing list archives at
openoffice.org, and see that Sam's message seems so far to be getting a fairly
positive response. Everyone, at least in principal, seems to support the idea
of open, standard, XML DTD's for office productivity applications (there was
even a response from one of the people at applixware). Now the tricky part is
getting them all around the table, so to speak, actually taking action on it. =)

     I should make a disclaimer here, that while I eagerly look forward to such
DTD's, I have no experience with XML or WordProcessor architectural needs, so
I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help in such an endeavor, in case anyone thinks
I should volunteer. ;-) I'm more of a user who is frustrated with current lack
of compatibility, trying to act as a catalyst to communication between the
people who can actually make it happen.

Cheers,

Jeff Schmidt

--