Re: Adding fonts?

Subject: Re: Adding fonts?
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 05:50:01 CDT

On Sun, 06 Aug 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:
>This guy is having trouble getting this posted. Can someone who knows
>reply and cc him?
>
>>From: home <guy@madg.abisource.com>
>>To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
>>Subject: Hello
>>
>>Help needed.
>>
>>i use the aboword for a while now andi use it well.
>>it is a strong and easy to use software.
>>but lately i have a problem here with the abiword.
>>i need to edit some hebrew documents. the socuments are originaly
>>authored with ms-word hebrew-enabled. i can open the files and the
>>text is aligned right as it should be, but i can't seem to set the
>>correct fonts to read the text.
>>i have several hebrw fonts installd here on the box
>>but non of them appears in the fonts list inside the abiword.
>>
>>what should i do ?

I've asked the list several times about this and haven't got an answer. The
best solution I've found so far is to copy the fonts (you need both .pfa and
.afm) to /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts and add their lines to fonts.dir. The
problem with this is that the next time you install AbiWord it will overwrite
fonts.dir and you lose your fonts.

phma