Re: Please hold big check-ins

Subject: Re: Please hold big check-ins
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:02:45 CDT

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Would it be possible to enable lists in non-debug builds? I think that would
> be something really cool to show-off in 0.7.11 instead of having a couple of
> toolbar buttons that don't do anything.

First I now have a patch for Columns in Unix. It is set to go. Can that go
in?

Unfortunately Dom we cannot enable non debug builds for lists. The Abiword
file format will change with the new Fields implementation that Paul Rohr
is working on. We can't have people happily generating files with lists
only to have them break at version 0.90 :-(. I have no idea how much work
it would be to make a hack for backwards compatibility because Paul is
pretty much out of commission looking after his new babies.

Cheers

Martin