Re: New Project Based on AbiWord

Subject: Re: New Project Based on AbiWord
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:23:27 CDT

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Matt Trentini wrote:

> I understand that the sharing of code is encouraged under the GPL but
> also believe that it is simply courtesy to let everyone know that we
> intend to use portions of the Abi project if we can. If there's
> any problems with this please let me know.
>
> Once again, congrats on a successful project and good luck in the future.

Thanks for letting know about your project. One obvious extension of the
abi code is to move the Unix printing code up into xp so that we could
export to postscript directly on all platforms. We could also use this as
a means of getting pdf export too.

If you happen to get this going in your project we'd love to get patches
we could use too :-)

Cheers

Martin