Re: New Unicode-->Latex characters

Subject: Re: New Unicode-->Latex characters
From: Martin Vermeer (martin.vermeer@fgi.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 09:44:03 CDT

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 10:36:00PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Martin Vermeer wrote:
>
> > Great! These were needed.
> >
> > Now there are still the Greek characters (iso-8859-7) ... not such a high
> > priority, probably. Except for Greek people ;-)
> >
> > If someone is willing to commit this (is anyone responsible for wv ?!?),
> > I will do my earlier patches again and resubmit them.
> >
> > And someone please remove wvLaTeX.sed from CVS. And commit wvCleanLaTeX.xml,
> > if it passes muster.
> >

> I'm not very familiar with this part of the code. Can you put everything
> together is one patch and resubmit it? I'll see if it applies correctly
> and compiles. How do I know if it works?
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

You translate a Word document containing weird characters (e.g. a home-made one
with all the chars from insert-symbol) to LaTeX using

wvHtml --config wvLaTeX.xml mydoc.doc >mydoc.tex

and then:

latex mydoc

and for viewing:

xdvi mydoc

Of course you will want to import into AbiWord to see what THAT looks like.
Although the LaTeX stuff shouldn't affect that.

Cheers

Martin

PS combined patch of Huftis & me attached.

--
Martin Vermeer mv@fgi.fi   Phone +358 9 295 55 215   Fax +358 9 295 55 200
Finnish Geodetic Institute    Geodeetinrinne 2    FIN-02430 Masala FINLAND