Re: List Dialog -- Speak now

Subject: Re: List Dialog -- Speak now
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 09:32:20 CDT

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Rui Silva - Webmaster wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 09:11:46AM -0400, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> > Martin and I have been quietly been working on a new=20
> > list dialog which mimmicks (to an extent) the Word dialog
> > all in one dialog. It is at a point now where we are=20
> > ready to present some (albeit minorly ugly) screenshots
> > and address questions and comments that people have before
> > we actually go ahead and code up the dialogs and put the
> > backend XP code in place.
> > You can take a look at the proposed new dialogs here:
> > http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf/abiword/list.html
>
> They look quite good, except for the white area, but I suppose that
> it's meant for an interactive example, as in word, so it is not,
> imho, minorly ugly :)

Yeah I suppose I should describe things a little bit
here seeing as how the dialog is totally empty. The
white area on the right hand side will be a live preview
of the list that you are creating (hopefully with the
content coming from your current document, but maybe
not initially.

For a straighforward usage you would pick a predefined
list type and style and then determine what you want
to happen to the list (create a new list, affect the
current list or start a new sub list).

For more options you can customize the list (based
on the baseline list you selected) with the actual
text entry, indent levels etc.

Without filler it looks kind of bare right now.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf