wv, new maintainer announcement

Subject: wv, new maintainer announcement
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 02:53:29 CDT

I've been working here at StarOffice since January and stopped development
on wv since then. wv's been like a little child that I've being keeping at
home until 5 and not sending to school at the usual 4 because "hes
delicate". Anyhow with a bit of talk and thinking I thought that "Dom
Lachowicz" would be a good maintainer for wv, he's done some of the word
export and traipsed around the code a good bit. Knows some of the libole2
stuff and excel stuff and so on. Export's going to be a complete bastard
btw, I wish you luck.

So hopefully the wv tree in abiword can become the official release, get
cleaned up, released, suck in developers, and move forward again. And I can
stop feeling guilty at not getting anything done with the bugfixes that
clog up my website and mailing list.

Kudos to Martin Vermeer for the work hes done over the last (year ?) for
the LaTeX handling, I know its been frustrating for you and a lot of others
when I haven't brought out a standalone release with all the fixes received
and cvs stuff applied, Dom will hopefully support the idea of a standalone
conversion program that can be configured to output LaTeX so that you don't
feel like you're crying into the wilderness.

Thanks to Martin Sevior to getting me off my ass on this.

C.

--
Herein are personal opinions, you'd want to be crazed to consider
these official positions of StarOffice/Sun or even vaguely congruent.