Re: lists stuff

Subject: Re: lists stuff
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 15:48:39 CST

?

> also feel that 90% of users will just click on the
> toolbar
> buttons - if they open the list dialog, chances are
> they want to
> do something complex. That said, I've always stayed

I don't agree. If they open the list dialog, chances
are they
want to do something that they can't do with the
toolbar
(!= "complex").

In fact, they usually open the list dialog to do
trivial things.
By instance, when my girlfriend uses the dialog, it's
usually
because she want to do a list with a funny symbol, or
she
just wants to do a

a) xxx
b) xxx
c) xxx

list.

> out of UI, so,
> like everyone else, I won't mind anyone doing a
> Word-type dialog, just
> please make it more obvious where the advanced
> options lie.

A "Customize" button seems pretty obvious to me

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e98cuenc@yahoo.com