Re: What are we waiting on?

Subject: Re: What are we waiting on?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 15:29:50 CST

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 09:46:09PM +0100, Mike Nordell wrote:
> Sam TH :
> [problems copying lists]
> > I just confirmed this on linux. I think this is unacceptable
> > behavior, since it causes user data loss. We have two options.
> >
> > 1) Stop the release, and restart.
> > 2) Finish the release, and the create a bugfix release.
> >
> > Personally, I am inclined towards 1.
> >
> > What do the rest of you think?
>
> Could we release a 0.7.12 completely without the lists, and then lists
> support as a "bugfix" 0.7.12 release?
>
> As much as I think we all like to see this added, I don't think we need any
> more bad publicity (judging just from others posts). Let's just release what
> works, and let the other stuff be debug and/or a "bugfix" release.

Here's why I think we shouldn't release 0.7.12 with this bug. If a
user sets up a document, and uses lists, and then saves it as RTF,
that user loses data. In my view, that's not ok. I think AbiWord
doesn't need that bad publicity (what kind were you thinking of?).

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: