Re: Darn

Subject: Re: Darn
From: Daniel Thompson (D.Thompson@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 07:05:50 CST

> Sorry that I am so incredibly late with this, but I sent this message
> to abiword-dev a few weeks ago and never got any response. I just
> remembered this bug and was wondering if it was a show-stopper. Even
> if it isn't, this message will probably get peoples' attention so I
> can get positive or negative confirmation :).
>
> If I can get some confirmation that this is a bug and not a local
> configuration issue, I will enter it into bugzilla. However, I'm
> hoping someone will commit a fix before I get a chance.

I saw this while I was working on the DefaultPageSize stuff. Note the
identifiers are from memory not the actual file.

The prefs. file has a <default> section which is always reset to the
compile time defaults whenever abiword is closed. This is just as you
describe.

There is also a <custom> section (if your prefs scheme is called
'custom') which contains deltas against the default settings. Instead of
changing a preference under <defaults> try adding the same preference
under <custom>. The change under custom is both noted and preserved.

I had until now assumed this to be a feature ...

        Cheers

        Daniel
        --xx--

--
Daniel Thompson (Merlin) <d.thompson@gmx.net>

How many dull people does it take to change a light bulb? One.