Re: Release Notes

Subject: Re: Release Notes
From: Jing-Tang Keith Jang (keith@freebsd.jtjang.idv.tw)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 23:25:20 CST

On 12/11/00, ha shao wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:38:02AM +0800, cwhuang@linux.org.tw wrote:
> > > Arphic-MingB5-B5-H,-arphic-ming-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-big5-0,
> > > 880, 120, 1000
> > No, the first field is the postscript font name
> > that will be used in printing.

Hi, cwhuang, as you might have guessed, I'm preparing a TTFM module
for abiword. :-)

> Exactly. The font name displayed is the facename from XLFD, i.e. 'ming'.

If I understood that correctly, suppose Chinese TTF is installed
under /usr/X11R6, and PS fonts are handled by Ghostscript, then
${abisuite}/fonts/${charset} will only have one file, fonts.dir.
So there's no need to install any fonts in ${abisuite}/fonts/${charset},
is this correct?

http://www.hj.webprovider.com/develope/index.html

--
Keep it simple AND stupid.