BiDi Support

Subject: BiDi Support
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 16:07:21 CST

I have managed to salvage most of the work I have done on this
before 0.7.9. I have got implemented the BiDi algorithm itself, split
cursor and started some work on the user interface. Essentially, it
is now possible to display bidirectional text correctly as well as to
save and load it; the decision about direction is based on the
Unicode values of individual characters; at the moment this is only
simulated, so that a-z is treated ltr, A-Z rtl and ' ', tab and 0-9 as
directionally neutral. If anyone wants to have a look, the the patch
is at http://www.frydrych.net/abi/bidi_patch_2000-12-16-21.14.08.gz

apply it and do

make clean
make bidi