Re: std C++ [was: [Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer]

Subject: Re: std C++ [was: [Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer]
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 15:15:47 CST

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Mike Nordell wrote:

> Oh yes, we have many pieces to look at. I think there are many (not just
> "some") things we have to fix before we even think 0.7.14. We have (from my
> POV) equally many things to check into before 0.7.13.

Well from the point of view of getting 1.0 we might make the next release
0.9.

The orginal plan for a 1.0 release has the following missing features.

1. editable headers/footers
2. Page set up
3. Section Breaks
4. Editable styles
5. Borders and Shading.
6. Lists Dialog

To this Dom and I have volenteered Bonobo integration.

Of those:

1. now has a viable backend but needs lots of work to implement and debug.
2. Is being worked on.
3. Is in place but needs work to debug.
4. Needs a dialog and a few hacks.
5. Needs Lots of work.
6. We have to agree amongst ourselves what we will implement then do it.

I think Bonobo might get done by the end of January.

Of course we keep getting cool new features by new participants but we
should try to focus on finishing 1 through 6.

Should we ask for volenteers for the tasks at hand?

Cheers

Martin