Re: Footprint

Subject: Re: Footprint
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 16:22:37 CST

>On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 05:08:25PM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > Our ispell dictionaries never get loaded, which is a good thing.
>
>Huh? They are loaded at application start time. They are never
>unloaded.

Not on Pspell builds. SpellCheckInit loads the dictionary in our ispell
code. Our Pspell code just ignores the passed file name. For reference, see
our ispell code in src/other/spell/newMain.c:

125 int SpellCheckInit(char *hashname)
126 {
127 if (linit(hashname) < 0)
128 {
129 /* TODO gripe -- could not load the dictionary */

Pspell does *nothing* with the passed hash name (which represents the
absolute path name of the dictionary to be loaded). Of course, Pspell
probably loads its own dictionaries, but that's another story and not the
point I'm making here.

Dom