commit

Subject: commit
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 23:38:42 CST

af/util/xp/ut_string.cpp
Added a comment about ownership.

af/util/xp/ut_vector.cpp
Fix for code that uses UT_Vector as a sparse array. :-(

Re. the current unicode windows problems in win98, I decided to have a quick
look at it.

In GR_CharWidths::setWidth we apparently use m_vecHiByte as a sparse array
(what a waste), but since the vector code no longer zeroes all its entries
this code now SEGV in GR_CharWidths::getWidth. :-(

The Q&D fix I now applied is to let the UT_Vector yet again zero out its
entries. This will slow it down somewhat again (though I'm not sure it will
be even noticable). The long-term solution would be to use a real sparse
array or something resembling std::map.

/Mike