Re: International support in Win98

Subject: Re: International support in Win98
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 08:51:18 CST

At 6:35 AM +0100 12/22/00, Mike Nordell wrote:
>Regarding displaying the wrong glyphs: I've now tried that same document in
>NT5 and it seems to work as it should. This also makes me think the wrong
>font is used.

        I am pretty sure that the problem is Win98 vs. WinNT/2K.
While the latter is a Unicode-centric OS, Win9x is NOT - and as such,
even though certain Unicode-based API calls are available to the
programmer, they don't do what you'd expect in all cases since the OS
just "fakes it". Which explains what this particular user is seeing
(ie. Win98 is doing a MultiByteToCodePage conversion behind the
scenes).

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65