Re: About makewrapper.sh

Subject: Re: About makewrapper.sh
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 06:22:50 CST

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Jing-Tang Keith Jang wrote:

 I think the solution is to put a file named '.already-in-fp' into the subdirs
of $Abi/fonts/ that shouldn't be added to fontpath explicitly, and tweaking
the scripts that generate 'AbiWord' script so 'AbiWord' script doesn't add
dirs with file named '.already-in-fp' in them to fontpath. I.e., the font
packager should add file '.already-in-fp' to the '$Abi/fonts/Big5/' (that's
true for all CJK fonts I assume).

 Note: there are FOUR scripts that generate 'AbiWord' script:
        src/pkg/common/unix/data/t[gb]z_install.sh
        src/pkg/common/unix/scripts/makewrapper.sh
        src/pkg/linux/deb/AbiWord
 Each of them should be modified or made calling some intermediate script
(makewrapper.sh?).

 Also, the logic of each script should be further extended - for
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R AW looks in the following subdirectories of the
 ${prefix}/fonts/ for additional fonts:
         ru
         KOI8-R
         ru-RU
         ru-RU.KOI8-R
 , but 'AbiWord' script generated by the current version of the makewrapper.sh
 looks only for a directory named 'KOI8-R'.

 So, the scripts should construct a list of allowed subdirectories based on
the same rules as AW, checking whether '.already-in-fp' exists in each of
them, and add all approved subdirectories to font path.
 But I think that only a single script should be generating 'AbiWord' script
to simplify maintanence, so this should be hacked first. Could someone please
do it?

> It seems that 0.7.12's makewrapper.sh calls xset to set the
> font path. From the script, if I didn't have $LC_ALL or $LANG
> set, then the argument to "xset fp+" would be $Abi/fonts. And
> if I set $LC_ALL to zh_TW.Big5, then it would be
> "xset fp+ $Abi/fonts,$Abi/fonts/Big5".
>
> But since $Abi/fonts/Big5/fonts.dir is not a "true" fonts.dir
> format, xset will complain:
>
> xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
> Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
> Directory missing fonts.dir
> Incorrect font server address or syntax
>
> In fact, even with only $Abi/fonts, AbiWord handles Chinese
> rather well. So is this a bug? Or I did something stupid?
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> --
> Keep it simple AND stupid.

 Best regards,