First class documented (commit)

Subject: First class documented (commit)
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 11:13:08 CST

Hi

I've tried to add some documentation for the fp_Container class. I
know it's not exactly a high-profile class, but I hope we can use it
to discuss comment style. Have a look here:

 http://zoftcorp.adsl.dk/abi/class_fp_Container.html

I can see I've been a little inconsisten in how the brief descriptions
are worded, e.g.:

 Returns foobar
vs.
 Return foobar

Do people want a period (.) after the brief comments and
argument/retval descriptions?

The list of public methods should (IMO) be sorted. I've even set that
option, but it appears to be broken.

OK, I admit the above is probably ridiculous to discuss, but I figure
since we're starting from a clean slate, we might as well try to make
things consistent by setting a style guide (subtly improving the
quality of the documentation).

If I don't get any feedback on this issue, I'll toss a coin and make
some arbitrary decisions :)

Either way, I'll make the stuff I just comitted consistent as well as
add a little style guide on the front page.

Another thing I hope to accomplish with documenting just a single
class to start with, is getting others to help. I don't want to fill
in all that documentation on my own, nor do I think we should make a
chore out of it. Simply fill in a few function / attribute comments as
you come across undocumented stuff in your daily hacking - in
particular if you find you spend a while to figure out what is going
on: save the next person from the same trouble.

Thanks,
Jesper

Suppress brief descriptions at the top of the doc (looks messy).
Add brief descriptions to fp_Container class.
Make setX and setY use clearScreen() instead of duplicating it.
Deleted unused containsPoint() declaration.
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: .doxygen.cfg text/fmt/xp/fp_Column.cpp text/fmt/xp/fp_Column.h