About gettext... [was Re: Very very long dialogs...]

Subject: About gettext... [was Re: Very very long dialogs...]
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 06:21:31 CST

sam th wrote:

> I have a horrible sin to confess. It was I who added all the English
> messages to the foreign languges string files (which I now understand was
> a serious mistake.) However, I am not sure why the format is appearing
> incorrectly, as the string is the same for the english and other versions
> (as far as I can tell). However, I want to apologize profusely for
> causing this problem.

Hey, hey, it's not at all a serious problem :)
I just want to know if it was a problem with my code or with the cvs
tree ;)

I know that it's not the first time that this topic has been discussed
in the list, but anyway...

why do not use gettext?

It will simplify the translator and the programer work.
I want to know if there is any special reason but "because nobody has
made a nice patch with the gettext support".

Ah, and gettext is multiplatform (at least it compiles and work in
windows) too :)

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr