AbiWord for Macintosh (Was Re: AbiWord 0.7.8)

Subject: AbiWord for Macintosh (Was Re: AbiWord 0.7.8)
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 19:38:13 CST

At 11:39 AM 2/2/00 +0100, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>According to Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com>:
>
>> 17. Other platforms. Avid watchers of the AbiWord sources will note that
>> there's been progress made on MacOS and QNX/Photon ports. However,
there's
>> no ETA on binaries yet. Please don't send us mail saying you want them.
 We
>> know that. Instead, send us help, money, etc.
>
>Can anybody sum up the status of the MacOS port ? (ie who is doing what ?)
>I'd really like to help (if I find some time).

As of three weeks ago, the Macintosh build was compiling. An executable
was created. Double clicking it was instant crashed, somewhere in the
function that creates preferences. The Macintosh uses that silly ":"
instead of "/" or "\". (just kidding). I don't know if anyone has started
to write an event loop, or how big of a job that is. Perhaps Mr. Kovner or
one of the other folks working on it could provide a more technical
description of what they hope to accomplish next.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist