Re: Development of Abiword for MacOS X ?

Subject: Re: Development of Abiword for MacOS X ?
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:06:51 CST

According to sterwill@abisource.com <sterwill@abisource.com>:

> > Checking out the FAQ I notice that there is no AbiWord for the MacOS.
> > What it doesn't tell me is whether there is a group in the process
> > of doing a port to the MacOS X, which BSD based?
>
> Well, the kernel of MacOS X is based on the BSD kernel, but the graphics
> and other operating system libraries are new and proprietary, and as such
> present the same hurdle to porting as does MacOS 9 or below.

Once the MacOS port will be done, the MacOS X port will be fairly easy using
Carbon. I think that a MacOS X port will follow naturally the MacOS port.

There can't be any official announcment of MacOS X port since MacOS X is
only available under NDA... An announcment would probably violate this NDA.

Hub