ANSI string functions on MacOS

Subject: ANSI string functions on MacOS
crawford@goingware.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 18:34:38 CST

I don't know about on the MacOS, but on Windows, I'm finding that the
metrowerks codewarrior ansi wide-char routines seem to be pretty broken.

I don't know if the wide-char routines are all that standard, but the XML xerces
library expects them to work a certain way and all the other compilers do on
Windows, but when I use metrowerks on windows it causes all kinds of problems.
 My workaround is to use the Windows API for wide chars.

It probably is a concern on the macos, because the Metrowerks standard library
uses a common code base for most of the code on all its platforms.

And metrowerks is the most widely used compiler on mac.

If that's a problem, it might be best to port the needed functions over from glibc.

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com