should we bother making this a POW? (was Re: Hello...)

Subject: should we bother making this a POW? (was Re: Hello...)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 20:46:51 CST

At 11:00 AM 2/8/00 -0600, Robert Sievers wrote:
>Oooo! Oooo! I have some more information on this. On my out of the box Red
>Hat 6.0 system, I can make the bug appear and disapear at will. If I
>depress the NumLock key, bug #522 shows up. I release NumLock, and presto,
>no more bug #522.
>
>What configuration file holds the secret to what is going wrong here?

OK folks,

This mystery bug has been annoying folks for a long, long time now --
especially because it seemed so hard to reproduce. Now that Bob has made
his discovery, not only do we have an instant workaround (hit the NumLock
key), but it should be an easy fix.

So, should we bother writing it up as this week's POW, or is it *so* easy
that a patch will show up too fast for that?

;-)

Paul