Re: Question

Subject: Re: Question
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 22:06:45 CST

At 10:50 PM 2/11/00 -0600, Daniel Weber wrote:
>I'm going over the code for the toolbar creation and I've spotted quite
>a few code fragments like this:
>
> EV_Toolbar_Control * pControl = pFactory->getControl(this, id);
> UT_ASSERT(pControl);
>
> if (pControl)
> {
>
>Is the intention to eventually remove the check by re-defining
>UT_ASSERT?

You're right that the two are somewhat redundant.

IIRC, it's always an error if the control isn't produced, so we want to rub
some developer's nose in it.

However, given the variations in when ports and translations get updated, we
didn't want to force an immediate crash in these situations.

That way we're user-friendly (tolerant of the failure) but developer-hostile
(DEBUG builds squawk about it).

Paul