Re: HTML problem

Subject: Re: HTML problem
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 23:49:56 CST

At 11:14 PM 2/11/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Paul Rohr wrote:
>> I'm not going to debate this one. Paragraphs have P tags, forced line
>> breaks get BR tags. Period.
>
>I accept that this is desirable. However, the principle of Least Surprise
>indicates that we must have export that looks like the input.

You've got your priorities backwards. It is mandatory that the HTML look
like HTML. It is desirable that more recent browsers be able to render it
in ways that look like what AbiWord renders.

Insofar as we're using CSS-like properties, this shouldn't be that hard.
See the attached document.

Any browser which still insists on putting extra vertical whitespace between
the paragraphs hasn't implemented CSS properly. Too bad for them.

Paul