Re: CSS properties

Subject: Re: CSS properties
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 07:20:56 CST

At 02:53 AM 2/12/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>I rewrote the HTML export code the way paul suggested, and CSS did the job
>just fine. Then, I applied it to some of the other HTMl, and got the text
>properties stuff to work, with only one problem:

         Cool!

>How do I specfiy more than one value for a given property?

         Depending on the property, you may not be able to. For something
like font-family, you can specify multiple font families as a "fallback
list" (font-family: sansserif, ariel, helvetica), but most properties don't
work this way.

>The basic idea is this - I want to represent text-decoration as
>decoration just assumes whatever value was last in the list.

         Right.

>We want to be able to have underlines and overlines together in HTML.

         Interesting test case!

>This is
>possible is you use seperate spans, but 1 - that's ugly and 2 - that
>messes with the nesting. So, is there any way to get more than one value?

         I don't think you have a choice - use multiple spans.

LDR