Pango

Subject: Pango
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 20:06:05 CST

Our old friend, Martin Willemoes Hansen mailed me suggesting we should take
a look at Pango. For those of you don't know what it is:

"Pango an open-source framework for the layout and rendering of
internationalized text. Pango is an offshoot of the GTK+ and GNOME
projects, and the initial focus is operation in those contexts, however
there is nothing fundamentally GTK+ or GNOME specific about Pango. Pango
uses Unicode for all of its encoding, and will eventually support input
and output in all the worlds major languages."

The url is www.pango.org. I am not sure whether Pango is something AbiWord
should be using or not; I am just the messenger.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist