Bug fix for 522

Subject: Bug fix for 522
From: Daniel Weber (dweber1@austin.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 21:06:23 CST

I'm working on a perfect solution to 522 (key strokes activate toolbar
combo boxes). I think I've gotten a working solution, which works as
follows:

1) Signals are attached to the combo using s_register_signal. This
function saves them, but doesn't connect them.
2) Whenever the combo button is pressed, signals are connected
3) When the hide event is triggered, the signals are disconnected
again.

This is for the linux version. All changes have been confied to
ev_UnixToolbar.cpp. Note I've manually made the changes to remove the
mod modes.

This seems to work, though I've had a couple weird errors. Mouse
clicks, back spaces and other events don't trigger the changed handler
and the box still seems to work. However, abi locked up my
keyboard/mouse once (corrected by logging in remotely and killing abi)
and twice I've had a cursor "stick", where a phony cursor would stay
even when I arrowed away.

Questions:
1) Why is the key-press event attached to the combo box? Is there a
key combination it should respond to? I'm doing my testing with the
signal not attached.
2) Are the above errors experienced by anyone else? Are these known
bugs or am I creating them?

I'm going to do some more testing with the keyboard signal attached...