Re: patch - RTF import Bug fixed

Subject: Re: patch - RTF import Bug fixed
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 16:25:09 CST

Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Wow - my first patch. Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

The patch format looks good. If you wish, you can do them in one patch
by letting CVS do a recursive diff from the top level (like "abi/"
or one level above it).

> Here we go... The RTF importer ignores CR and LF as keyword
> separator. This works fine for Word, but StarOffice's RTF will fail
> in certain conditions. I created a patch for ie_imp_RTF.cpp and
> ie_imp_RTF.h to handle CR and LF as keyword separator. DIFF2.TXT is
> for the .cpp, DIFF.TXT for the .h. I tested it and it compiles fine
> without warnings on my machine.

The patches came through fine, but because of lots of work we just
recently did for auto-detection of some file imports (and other
impexp work), the patches generate some conflicts with the code
in CVS. This work just happened to arrive before your patch, but
it should not be very hard to merge your patches in.

Could you do a "cvs update" on the abi module and make a newer patch
against these changes for me to merge? The structure of the RTF importer
has changed enough to confuse "patch" on my end, so that it couldn't
handle the merge. It might be a good idea to make a backup copy of your
ie_imp_RTF.[cpp,h] files just for comparison when merging.

> Btw, what do I have to do to get direct CVS access....?

Our policy is not extremely formal. We give CVS commit access to people
who contribute many patches or take on a large task where they are the main
coder (like a port to a new operating system, or a new importer/exporter,
or other feature). Everyone has anonymous read access to the tree
for up-to-the-minute updates.

--
Shaw Terwilliger