RE: Alignment Issues

Subject: RE: Alignment Issues
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 09:28:52 CST

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Bruce Pearson wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> The line breaking routines occur in fb_LineBreaker.cpp.
> Around line 85 is where the current line width is checked against the
> allowable line width.
>
> Bruce.

Bruce,

  I seem to have tracked this down ... sort of. It looks
like the line width that is reported it based on the
characters widths (which I report in pixels from the
Graphics class thought measureString) and then being
compared against the MaxWidthInLayoutUnits, which
doesn't seem to be in pixel values. For example I get
a MaxWidth of 650 upon start up and then something
like 6000 and change for the MaxWidthInLayoutUnits.
Obviously this means that I have to type in a _lot_
of characters before I ever hit the break condition
of

        m_iWorkingLineWidth < m_iMaxLineWidth

Bruce, it looks like you added the code it ... think
you can provide me with some enlightenment here on
what I am doing wrong (ie should I be reporting
character width in something other than pixels ..
or is there a conversion routine that I'm missing).

I suspect that this has also broken the BeOS port,
but I can't test that theory right at this moment.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf