RE: (spell) A couple of clarifications

Subject: RE: (spell) A couple of clarifications
abnay@altavista.net
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 23:18:50 CST

Henrik Berg wrote:

> One thing you could do is check the load of the
> hash-dictionary file. In newMain.c there is a
> function that read the file header. Check that this
> works, else nothing will happen. (Okey, it's stupid
> if reading the dictionary fails and you stil get the
> message "spell check done", but I wouldn't be
> surprised if that's how it works :)

Well... that is exactly what is happenning !!
The dictionary is not being loaded. The function
linit bails out saying "Illegal format hash table".
Upon inspection of the code, there seems to be a
assumption made about the sizes of char * and int
to be same. The reads seem horribly confused. I am
still trying to decipher the semantics of hashstrings,
hashtbl and the format of the data in file
american.hash. Is there someone reading this that
can spend a couple of e-mails worth time to answer
my questions so that I can clean up the code and fix
the problem on my Linux/Alpha box?

Thanks,

Bharadwaj