RE: Alignment Issues

Subject: RE: Alignment Issues
From: Bruce Pearson (BruceP@wn.com.au)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:10:26 CST

Thomas,

        Is there a problem that the operating system does not let you create fonts
of large sizes?

        This is required so that WYSIWYG layout is correct.

        The layout units in DOTS PER INCH is defined in ut_units.h as
                        #define UT_LAYOUT_UNITS 1440

        If you want to get something working try changing from 1440 to 300. Don't
check this back into the tree as this will stuff up WYSIWYG on other
platforms.

        Let me know how you go. We may have to work out another way of getting
accurate character widths on all platforms.

Bruce.