Re: Traffic Alert

Subject: Re: Traffic Alert
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:34:36 CST

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, sam th wrote:
>
> > Just so that our wonderful web-admin knows, we are likely to be reviewed
> > on Slashdot (== swamped with traffic) in the near future. However, this
> > is likely to be good news, as the reviewer says mostly positive things
> > about what he has reviewed so far.
>
> If you need a (temporary) mirror to handle the load, let me know.

Our web server is very beefy, and the site serves mostly static content
(PHP is very efficient for the front pages, and the load on the developer
stuff (bugzilla, bonsai, etc.) is pretty light). It's been our
T1 that gets saturated when we're slashdotted, but that's only completely
happened once (Linux Expo 1999, when we posted lots of show pictures).

--
Shaw Terwilliger