Re: Page Numbers

Subject: Re: Page Numbers
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:59:59 CST

At 12:24 PM 2/20/00 -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
>Matthew Stapleton wrote:
>> Are page numbers going to be implemented soon?
>
>They are implemented but right now there isn't a way to insert them in
>AbiWord... you have to hack the .abw file by hand.

A quick reminder to anyone who hacks AbiWord files by hand. As the comment
at the top of every AbiWord file suggests, you do this at your own risk.
We've been trying very very hard to not break file format compatibility for
features which are fully supported in the UI.

However, we make *no* such guarantees for experimental features like this.

Specifically, if you add page numbers by hand to your files, you *will* have
to hack those files again sometime soon, because we know that we're going to
change the way that feature is implemented before it shows up in the UI.

Caveat hacker. ;-)

Paul