Re: ispell for Alpha (was Re: AbiSource, Ispell, Aspell and beyond...)

Subject: Re: ispell for Alpha (was Re: AbiSource, Ispell, Aspell and beyond...)
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevinatk@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 12:47:56 CST

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 abnay@altavista.net wrote:

> I also see a bit of discussion going on about
> using ispell vs. aspell in AbiWord. Makes me wonder
> if the time I invest in cleaning up ispell would
> go a waste!! I would like to see spell checker as a
> user-configurable plug-in rather than a built-in. This
> will let people to choose any spell-checker along with
> its corresponding dictionaries (obvious, isn't it?)...
> but that's my $0.000002c worth opinion.

That is exactly what I trying to push for except I want it to be a
generic library, not AbiWord specific (I have also had a good deal of
conversation with LyX developers and I hope to approach the mozilla project
soon). Please see my previous post(s). I also have an ispell question for
you (and others who have had the joy of hacking ispell) in my previous
post.

----
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com