Re: Mandrake

Subject: Re: Mandrake
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 12:54:02 CST

At 12:04 PM 2/25/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 ChrisDigo@aol.com wrote:
>> The Abiword comes with the Mandrake is an AbiWord personal Release.
There is
>> no A logo and the logo is the ant Abi. If you look at the release version,
>> there is no release number. Where do they get this release of AbiWord?
Where
>> the gaphic art come from?
>
>- From your description, it looks like they are using a compiled build that
>they made themselves, probably from the CVS source.

Exactly. For trademark protection reasons, there's a distinctive set of
names and artwork that we use for the official products built and released
here at AbiSource:

  http://www.abisource.com/personal.phtml
  http://www.abisource.com/tm_guide.phtml

The sources that we release (via CVS, tarballs, etc.) have always included
non-infringing artwork and names for the convenience of anyone who wants to
build their own personal variant of AbiWord (aka AbiWord Personal).

In this case, "anyone" == the good folks at Mandrake. :-)

Paul