Re: How to print with Ghostscript fonts?

Subject: Re: How to print with Ghostscript fonts?
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 16:17:25 CST

hj wrote:
> Chinese font files is very large. So one pfb file is splitted into 126 pfb
> files. I want to print Chinese in AbiWord. So I must print with both AbiWord
> fonts and Ghostscript fonts. How to modify AbiWord output *.ps file to fit
> this?

I really have no idea, I didn't even consider that a PostScript Type 1
could be split across many files. This might require a few changes
in AbiWord's font code, but I'm really not sure.

AbiWord should have an option to _not_ include a font resource inside
its PostScript output, but this option never made it to the Print dialog
or the PostScript code. It is easy to make AbiWord skip the step of
outputting font resources, but letting the user then choose the font
name (to match with his GhostScript setup) is a different challenge.

You might try removing the fonts from the PostScript, then referencing
a different font name (instead of "Nimbus Roman ...").

--
Shaw Terwilliger