Text boxes in Linux

Subject: Text boxes in Linux
From: Ehren von Lehe (evonlehe@filex.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 13:34:33 CST

I am a college student and have been using Abiword (Linux) to type papers.
Keep up the good work!

However, could anyone explain to me why the refresh rate of text boxes in
Linux seems to be consistently slow (e.g., in Abiword, Netscape, gedit,
etc.)? I am using a Pentium II laptop with 32 megs of RAM running Red Hat
6.1. When holding the down arrow key to scroll, the refresh seems lax in
almost every application. Is this just because of the machine I am using?
Is this procedure handled differently in Windows? What could be done to
improve this?

Thanks for taking my question.

Ehren von Lehe